Here at Townley, we view education as a creative process.
Our vision is of leading a learning community fostering academic, emotional and physical confidence. Creating inspirational learners who have the courage to take risks and the wisdom to learn from their mistakes.
An education at Townley Grammar School is a privilege but also a great responsibility. Ultimately we are judged not just by our qualifications but by our qualities. These, together with first-class academic qualifications, enable students at Townley to become responsible citizens with a social conscience, able to lead others and act as change agents for a better society.
Everyone should have the opportunity to be extraordinary and through our bold and inspiring curriculum, we enable our students to let their dreams power their futures. By fuelling the imagination of our students, we light a fire that will burn bright throughout their lives.
The School's aims are:
- To inspire and challenge our students through providing outstanding teaching, rich opportunities for learning and encouragement with support for each individual
- To create a school community that fosters academic, emotional and physical confidence, where students develop the courage to take risks and the wisdom to learn from their mistakes
- To encourage in pupils a sense of dignity, integrity, responsibility and self-esteem
- To educate students to be mature, confident, articulate and caring individuals who grow into responsible citizens with a social conscience, able to lead others and act as change agents for a better society
- To provide students with first-class academic qualifications and help them to acquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills to succeed within the world in which they will live
- To encourage all pupils to have an open mind, a desire to be challenged and a respect for learning, each other and our environment
- To develop students who are reflective and resourceful with a passion for learning
- To use the power of creativity and performance to support our students in their emotional development and creative potential
- To provide an outstanding education based on excellent and imaginative lessons, combining academic rigour with modern technology and creative techniques
- To balance good order and discipline with the motivational power of praise and celebration
A Townley student aspires to the following qualities:
- Social conscience
- The ability to inspire