Appeals for Year 7 September 2023 Intake
The deadline for accepting or declining the offer of a place made on 01 March 2023 is 15 March 2023.
If you wish to appeal against the decision not to offer your child a place at Townley Grammar School please contact Mrs G Bradshaw-Smith, Admissions Co-ordinator ([email protected] or 0208 304 8311 ext 4827) to request an Appeals Form.
The deadline for lodging appeals (only Year 7 Students) against a decision not to offer a place at Townley Grammar School is Wednesday 29th March 2023.
Any appeals submitted will be heard in accordance with the timescales set below.
The Timetable of Appeals - Including Sixth Form and In-Year
- Appellants will receive at least ten school days’ notice of their Appeal hearing. Reasonable deadlines will be set for appellants to submit additional evidence, for the school to submit their evidence, and for the clerk to send appeal papers to the panel and parties
- Appeals that are lodged on time for applications made under the normal admissions round i.e. for Year 7 will be heard within forty school days from the deadline for lodging Appeals
- For late application Appeals should be heard within forty school days from the deadline for lodging Appeals where possible, or within thirty school days of the Appeal being lodged
- For application to Sixth Form, the offer place is conditional upon exam results and therefore Appeals will be heard within thirty school days of confirmation of those results
- For applications for ‘In-Year’ admissions, appeals will be heard within thirty school days of the Appeal being lodged
The School Appeals Section at the Borough will write to you with a date for your Appeal. Any extra papers for the appeal should be with the Schools Appeals Section at least seven working days before the Appeal date otherwise the date may be delayed.
Decision letters will be sent within five school days of the hearing, wherever possible.